The hot issue in homes today is MOLD—that black, blue, green or red fungal growth that can be found hiding under carpet, in drywall, on basement walls, on damp clothes that have set too long—anywhere that moisture sets. All mold needs to grow and spread are the following:
- A Moderate Temperature (68 –86 Degrees)
- Moisture (70% or more)
Mold is something you must not let get out of control. Attention to this fast spreading fungus must be paid immediately to stop any spreading to other areas of your home. Often times the growth will go unseen as it spreads under carpet or inside your walls. It is important to be aware of any mold growth. If not caught in time, you may end up damaging another important possession—your pocket book, especially since most major insurance companies are shying away from mold coverage in homeowner’s insurance policies.
Preventing mold is less costly and timely than treating it once it has appeared. This is why Granite Ridge Builders has adopted a Mold Policy.
- Our Lumber is Kiln Dried with an 18% or less moisture content—We do NOT Accept or Install any lumber, or other building products in our homes with mold or high moisture content.
- We optimize attic ventilation by using Continuous Soffits and Ridge Vents that help eliminate stagnant air pockets where moisture can collect.
- We offer a Honeywell Air Treatment System that removes 70-99.9% of airborne mold. Come see this in our showroom!
- We use continuous vapor barriers to keep moisture outside your home.
|For More Information:
|If you have a question for our Ask the Builder page click here, and we will work to get you the answer!
||For more building information click here to visit Granite Ridge University, our extensive online building information resource.|